Effortless migration from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x
There are some widespread arguments against migration. Brands which still use Magento 1.x will often say:
- “Why change for Magento 2.x, if everything works on Magento 1.x?”
- “The migration process seems to be too complicated for us, so we’d better leave it at that.”
- “Our company is undemanding; the functionality of the first version is enough to run our business.”
- “We could upgrade, but we don’t have the time or resources right now.”
Does this sound familiar? Then let us be totally honest with you and justify why migration has to be a top priority on the to-do list of your company.
Magento 2.x vs. Magento 1.x
Your store works much faster with Magento 2: page loading speed has increased 1.5 times due to full page caching, checkout is 38% faster and the number of possible orders per hour is 117% more compared to Magento 1. Better speed equals better sales.
A responsive admin interface
With the upgrade to version 2, Magento experienced significant changes and became a truly user-friendly interface. Admittedly, the Magento 1 admin panel was a little confusing! Now you can access it from any device, with full mobile platform support, and easily add images and video to product pages. Even though the navigation menu has more options now, it is built very logically and easy-to-use – even for the novice user.
Modern database and software support
Magento 1 works only with 5.6 or lesser versions of PHP, while Magento 2 fully supports PHP 7 as well as Varnish, Redis, RabbitMG, Elasticsearch, Oracle, MSSQL, JS Stack and other software. All those technologies vastly improve customer experience.
Advanced SEO solutions
Magento 2 comes with default SEO features which can be used by people who aren’t experts in the field. Unlike Magento 1, the latest version has abundant snippets which allow merchants to display prices, ratings, and other markups.
All of this sounds good, right? Unfortunately, the migration process is a little more complicated than one click of a button. It might be not easy without possessing specific skills and experience. That’s why we are offering our help to make this process effortless for you.
Why us? We have been working with Magento for 8 years. Our specialists have successfully launched a number of e-Commerce websites on Magento 2.x and updated many Magento 1.x stores to the latest version. We’re confident we’re your best option for making the migrating progress smooth and simple.
Frequently Asked Questions about Migration
|Magento 1.x||Magento 2.x|
|Updates||No new features will be included in the future||This version will be constantly updated and maintained|
|Architecture||Flexible||Completely new flexible architecture with streamlined speed|
|PHP||Supports only older versions of PHP (5.6 or lesser)||Supports latest versions of PHP (5.6+ /7.0) & Varnish, Apache 2.2 and MySQL 5.6 for better performance|
|Admin Panel||Non-responsive||Scalable with UI support (will be available on your tablet or smartphone)|
|HTML5/CSS3||No support||Native support|
|Video Features||Only basic||Integrated video (PDP)|
|Payments||External PayPal||Integrated PayPal experience, Integrated braintree|
|Checkout||Legacy||Streamlined two-step checkout, 38% quicker|
|Table Locking||Severe table locking issues||Zero table locking|
|Real-time Performance Checking||External integrations||Native New Relic Reporting out-of-the-box|
|Fraud Protection||External extensions||Guaranteed Fraud Protection by Signifyd|
|Full page cache||External extensions||Native Full page cache out-of-the-box|
- Better Scalability and Performance speed up the working process, meaning your customer won't leave your page due to poor loading times or crashes.
- Better Security Measures give you peace of mind when storing sensitive and financial data. It also shows your customers that you value their privacy, especially when it comes to making payments.
- Easier Installation and Upgrades make your Magento experience even more pleasant, so you're not spending countless hours with tech support.
- New Engagement Tools ensure better communication with your customers.
- More Convenient Admin Panel means more efficient management, and less unprofessional mistakes.
- Excellent Compatibility with Other Platforms gives you vast opportunities for web design to make your site look as appealing as possible.
- New Relic Reporting provides you with a detailed real-time performance metrics, so you can see the improvement of your site's performance first-hand!
- Store Configuration;
- Sales Orders and Product data;
- List of Customers;
- Basic SEO Setup;
- CMS Pages;
- Site Content;
- Loyalty Points;
- Workflows, Processes and Concepts, etc.
- The initial state of your website.
- The complexity of existing design and functionality.
- Your requirements (What needs moving to the new platform?)